Join us as we explore the hype of Web3. Used by enthusiasts to describe the next phase of the internet, Web3 is characterized by internet services and mobile apps rebuilt on decentralized blockchain technology. It often includes a broad spectrum of emerging technology like cryptocurrency, DAOs and digital assets like NFTs, or non-fungible tokens. We will have a guest speaker and then dive into a Web3 project. Please bring your laptops and be ready to code and collaborate.
Make sure to bring your laptop!!
Here’s how the Coding While Black sessions work…
1. As you enter, grab a sticky note and write on it what you need help with or want to learn more about. Place it on the white board or provided wall space.
2. After a 15 min lightning talk, we’ll walk the board and pair-up based on needs and skills.
3. We’ll then have a 90-minute work session.
And unlike the virtual events we will have food, drinks, music and even a raffle for prizes!!
We will be limiting access to this event so you should RSVP ASAP.
All skill levels are welcome.
* 6:00pm – Check-in & Networking
* 6:30pm – Welcome & Introduction
* 6:40pm – Lightning Talk
* 6:50pm – “Walk the Board”
* 7:00pm – Working Session
* 8:20pm – Wrap-up / Q&A
* 8:30pm – Dismissal
Contrary to popular belief (and/or behavior) we are still in a global pandemic, so as you might expect, we are taking safety at our event very seriously. So first things first…
If you have a cough, fever, runny nose or other cold symptoms, PLEASE STAY HOME.
You can follow guidelines here to determine what to do next. (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html)
Furthermore, after careful consideration of the recommended CDC and City of Atlanta guidelines, we have implemented the following measures to promote the health and wellbeing of attendees and staff:
New policies and procedures:
To help manage the risk of COVID-19 transmission we will:
- Use venues and rooms with adequate spacing and ventilation
- Provide hand-sanitizer and masks for attendees and staff
- Offer individually wrapped and packaged food and drink items
- Perform temperature checks upon entry to the venue
- Encourage social distancing and other proven health safety measures
Please help prevent the spread…here are some tips we expect everyone to follow while attending the event:
- Cover your nose and mouth with a CDC approved face covering when around others.
- When not wearing a recommended face covering, be sure to cough or sneeze into a tissue or your elbow, don’t touch your face, and then wash your hands as quickly as possible.
- Per physical distancing guidelines, stay at least six feet from one another, even if wearing face coverings.
- Please wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon entering and exiting the room, exiting the bathroom, after disposing of waste, and after consuming food.
Anyone not following the stated guidelines may be kindly asked to leave (or not enter) the venue.
Hope to see you there!!